Doesn’t that progress window get annoying when you’re trying to use vbscript to prompt for user information during OSD? I know! It keeps me up at night! We’re going to write an AutoIt script to move that sucka’.
;Move-InstallationProgess.au3 by John Puskar https://windowsmasher.wordpress.com WinMove("Installation Progress", "", 0, 0) Exit
Do you like how I put a personal reference in there for 1 simple line of code? Oh the vanity!
Putting things Together
- Save the script source above as C:\temp\Move-InstallationProgress.au3
- Download and install AutoIt
- Right-click the script and choose “Compile (x64)”.
- Create a new sccm package named “Scripts – Move TS Progress Window”, and copy Move-InstallationProgress.exe to the package source directory.
- In your task sequence, create a new “Run Command-Line Action” with the following parameters.
Name: Move Progress Window Command: move-installationprogress.exe Package: Scripts - Move TS Progress Window
Grats on a Good Day.