Okay, this is a big one! SCCM 2007 Console with tools and MDT.
- Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010 Update 1
- WSUS KB2530678 Hotfix
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2
SCCM Console requires WSUS Admin Console and a hotfix. It also helps to install MDT, and the console tools.
- Download WSUS SP2, MDT 2010 Update 1, the WSUS KB2530678 Hotfix, and the ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit V2. Place the files in C:\temp\sccm2007console.
- Create a text file named console_unattended.ini with the following contents, and place it in C:\temp\sccm2007console.
[Identification] Action=InstallAdminUI [Options] SMSInstallDir=c:\SMSADMIN ParentSiteServer= SDKServer=
- Copy the SCCM 2007 with SP2 media to C:\temp\sccm2007media.
- Using WinRAR, create a SFX file containing the contents of C:\temp\sccm2007media\smssetup with the following parameters:
Path to extract — leave blank
Silent mode – hide start dialog
Update – overwrite existing files
- The final SFX should look like the following image and be named smssetup.exe:
- Create a reg file named “Trace32-OpenWith.reg” with the following contents and place it in C:\temp\sccm2007console.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.log] @="Log.File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Log.File] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Log.File\shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Log.File\shell\open] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Log.File\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit V2\\Trace32.exe\" \"%1\""
- Copy the following files from a SCCM Console installation with MDT already integrated, to C:\temp\sccm2007console\mdtconfig.
- Create a batch file named “Install-SCCMconsole.cmd” with the following contents and place it in C:\temp\sccm2007console.
@ECHO OFF ECHO Installing SCCM 2007 Console, MDT, and WSUS Console ECHO Do not close this window. It will close when the install is finished. REM Main Install smssetup.exe %~dp0bin\i386\setup.exe /script %~dp0console_unattended.ini MSIEXEC /i %~dp0MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2010_x64.msi /l*v %TEMP%\MDTInstall.log /q WSUS30-KB972455-x64.exe /q CONSOLE_INSTALL=1 WSUS-KB2530678-x64.exe /q msiexec /i ConfigMgrTools.msi /qb REM Config MDT Integration xcopy /y %~dp0MDTConfig\* "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager Console\AdminUI\bin" REM Config trace32 open-with on log files reg import Trace32-OpenWith.reg
- Assemble the files into a single source folder then create a SCCM package and program. The program’s command line action should be “install-sccm2007console.cmd”. The following is a screen shot of my final source folder:
Let me know if I missed anything.